Fresco Lime wash
Lime paint has been around for thousands of years and is made again in the traditional way by Pure & Original. Fresco Lime Paint is an all natural, 100% mineral paint composed of slaked lime and natural pigments. Due to it's naturally high pH, lime-paint is mold- and bacteria resistant.
The end result is an aged, natural matte look with unique shades and aesthetic strokes. It adds depth and beauty to any space.
In most cases, prime your surfaces with Wallprim before applying Fresco Lime paint.
For protection, after applying Fresco Lime to walls, we recommend sealing with Lime Soap in low traffic areas, and Dead Flat Eco Sealer in high traffic areas.
Browse all paint colors here.
What you need to know for your Pure & Original paint project.
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall length
3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.
Prepare well before you start painting. Then apply a layer of WallPrim Pro, let it dry and continue with 2 layers of Fresco lime paint. You can apply Fresco lime paint with the special Fresco Pro Lime Brush. This is a nice big block brush which spreads the paint well over the wall.
In addition to using the Fresco Pro Lime Brush, you can also choose to apply lime paint with a clean, grease-free cotton cloth. By moving the canvas over the wall in loose movements, you rub the lime paint on it, as it were, this gives a unique look.
- Water based
- Coloured with natural and organic pigments
- Lime matte effect
- Colour nuances
- Very environmentally friendly
- 100% recyclable
- High coverage
- Water vapour permeable
- VOC free
- Solvent free
- Tension free
- No synthetic binders
- Bacteria and mold repellent
- Little to no odour